Saturday, September 15, 2007

Sweet Child of Mine



I am more than proud to announce (3 weeks after the fact) that Owen Gregory Thomas has been born into this world. He was, for all who don't know, 8.6 pounds 21" long. I must say, perhaps simply because he is mine, that he is the finest looking baby that I have ever seen.
In all seriousness, God has been gracious in his providence to Adri and I with all that has come about in our lives with the birth of our son. Both Adrianne and Owen are doing just fine.

On a simply human note, it is very fascinating to watch an infant learn and experience new sensations, simple ones too. For example it is amazing to watch him be fearful of having his diaper changed (by mom of course)and worrisome over being laid down in a spacious spot. I think that that is amazing that he simply doesn't know ANYTHING and is therefore on constant sensory overload. Yet I must say, as a more than proud father, he is still the smartest baby around. I mean c'mon he is a chip off the ol' block and that's not too shabby if I must say so myself.

Seriously, we love our son whom God has given us. Thank you for your prayers and friendly reminders about my putting him on the blog. Perhaps, I have a Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes complex? Can't let the paparazzi see the baby too early.

Finally, yes. I have sung Guns N Roses, "Sweet Child of Mine" to my son several times (not the Sheryl Crow version either).

8 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

Congrats Thomas. I know exactly what you mean.

7:11 AM  
Blogger adam said...

Yes, congrats yourself brother. I am excited for the both of you as I am for myself and Adri as we all begin this journey of parenting.

she's a cutie. We saw her on your family blog.

10:24 AM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

AT,

Congrats man. I am happy to see that you and the baby and Adrianne are doing well in this new phase of your life. I trust that you are already indoctrinating your child with the glories of the gospel fleshed out in redemptive history. I will be praying for his salvation.

James

11:09 AM  
Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

It's about stinkin' time - and yes, he IS adorable!!! Congratulations!
By the way, speaking of him being "fearful" as you say, I don't think your singing helps matters much. I remember listening to you sing in my car on the way home from NBBC once and itbeven scared me.

6:43 PM  
Blogger smlogan said...

good call!!!
thomas, i already told you that for a minimal fee, i would sing operatic standards to him over the phone any time. maybe you can even get baylor to teach him some boy-band gems.

thankful for owen's safe arrival, and an excuse for the occasioning of a new post on this sad blog.
give adrianne our best.
our love and prayers are with you.

9:21 AM  
Blogger Nate Mihelis said...

Thomas,

1) welcome back to the blogosphere, it's about time - you've been mocked MUCH in your absence

2) ok so this should have been 1), but congrats!

3) props for singin gnr to your boy at a young age, but don't knock sheryl crow

4) welcome to fatherhood; there are few things in the WORLD more enjoyable. While Owen may know relatively nothing right now, it is ASTOUNDING how fast they learn; it becomes exponential. Watching them grow and learn is half the joy.

7:50 PM  
Blogger Tim Barker said...

Thomas,
Glad to see the boy. We have prayed and excited for the joy brought to you. Through the rigors of life, I hope he continues to be a respite (though from you knocke out on your chair, I'm sure the rest is needed).

7:38 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congrats to you and Adrianne. Owen looks healthy and handsome!

It gets "funner & funner" every day!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home