Thursday, April 12, 2007

We Like Fam' Yo

I thank God for good friends. Friends, that you know no matter what happens have your back (so to speak). Dan Valentine, among others, have been that for me in times when I have needed it the most. I have had my share of up's and down's not unrelated to my own doing I am sure but regardless each time my buddy Dan hung in there. It rarely gets better than a tight friend and fortunately I been able to experience that. God established Dan and I in a friendship during our time in college, it deepened during our seminary days (present-coming to an end) and has knit our hearts together for service in the future.

I say all that to say this, "Fam hooked me up yo!" The other night I got to small group and I received, according to Dan, "a mercy ministry" (I think that translates "Dude, you need some help") from him (I guess that makes him "mercy" personified hmmm....?). Anyway, I (of course)take the good gift of mercy and again, thank God for good friends.


The Gift:

3 Comments:

Blogger T. Baylor said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

8:00 AM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

As a friend, I would like to take part in this mercy ministry as well, so I make this promise to you now -- whenever you read these volumes and your feeble mind buckles under the weight of their complexity, I will be here to explain them to you.

Acts 8:30-31 “Do you understand what you are reading?” Philip asked.

“How can I,” he said, “unless someone explains it to me?” So he invited Philip to come up and sit with him.

Amen and Amen.

8:02 AM  
Blogger smlogan said...

wait for me...i'm still laughing.
okay - now let's be serious.

baylor, after you have reaped the full consequences of pride and arrogance - and the Lord has to break you once again - i'll be there (once again) to pick up all the pathetic little pieces.

Proverbs 16.18
"Pride goes before destruction and a haughty spirit before a fall."

Deuteronomy 28.63
"It shall come about that as the LORD delighted over you to prosper you, and multiply you, so the LORD will delight over you to make you perish and destroy you; and you will be torn from the land where you are entering to possess it."

kiss teds good-bye, bro.
you were made for high school...

9:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home