Monday, August 14, 2006

Taking A Bat to the Beehive

A NOTE TO THE READER:


I have recently caught wind of a bit of a rustling taking place due to the previous post. I must say, I am bit taken back from the notion that the idea of some of us younger men taking decidedly different approach in our futures than that of our pasts is coming to so many as a surprise?

Anyway, I say that to say this, I think that I speak for all (friends of like "faith" in the matter) when I say that we are not meaning to blatantly disrespect any one particular person, institution, or ministry with our comments (unless otherwise noted). Rather, this forum is an assumed context of jest, sobriety, devotion and scholarship. It is however, up to the reader often times to discern and decide which is which and when. That is, genre identification becomes significant in blogging (Note:The last post was not totally in Jest, this is for sure!)

This forum amongst friends, and sometimes others, is however, certainly open to "lockerroom" brawls and out and out "knock-down-dragout" fights since, once again, that is the assumed context!

Finally, here's to more bloggin' trouble, "CHEERS"!

16 Comments:

Blogger Nate Mihelis said...

Were you confronted? :-)

btw, where'd you get the cool warning pic on the right side of your blog? I'm definately planning on plagiarizing it (is that a word? I'm sure if it is logan will let me know how to spell it). I want a t-shirt

7:42 PM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

Cheers

8:43 PM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

WOW. Logan even beat out Bob Jones Sr., Jack Hyles, and J. Frank Norris?

Congrats Logan!

12:17 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

That is something I sincerely love about the blogs in this circle - the fact that we all are friends, and know each other. We don't wonder when the writer is joking or when he is serious (or when he is seriously ticked off ;)) because we've already interacted on a personal level. It's definitely a strength which is lacking in many theology blogs, where too often there is a "knock-down-drag-out" fight between people who've never met. I appreciate these blogs mostly as an extension of our churches/academies.

4:12 PM  
Blogger Nate Mihelis said...

G:

What's that supposed to mean?
:-)

7:01 PM  
Blogger adam said...

T-shirts for all! Don't be ashamed to demonstrate your confrontational calvinism. Love it.

Where would we even be able to get the t-shirts made? Perhaps Noah can wear one for daddy!

7:04 AM  
Blogger smlogan said...

don't care about the spelling mihelis - because thomas stole that pic from me (after i stole it from someone else).

ribeiro: i formally separate from you.

and speaking of the bee-hive...
had lunch with griffiths today and am writing this from the library at TEDS. you love it, thomas.
he said hello and God bless (in addition to a multitude of things i won't mention).

5:11 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

Nate,
It doesn't mean anything. Just trying to sharpen some iron. ;)

5:36 PM  
Blogger adam said...

logan you are a liar!! I got that pic ALL on my own so chill on that thunder thief! You love it too.

chill on TEDS too! :)

6:39 PM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

Sell it Thomas!

4:34 PM  
Blogger Nate Mihelis said...

G:

sharpen iron or Sharper Iron???

8:32 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

whoops... did I say that? All I can say is that I glad that when we do call each other heretics we are just kidding.

8:05 AM  
Blogger smlogan said...

g,
i'm not sure anyone is kidding when they call you a heretic...

thomas,
TEDS says: even dissenters like you are welcome - see, we're evangelicals; our arms are open wide (if you'd ever get your arms unfolded and extend a hand of fellowship to one of your evangelical brothers, you'd understand).

11:07 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

Logan visits TEDS, and all of a sudden he calls it "we".

11:06 AM  
Blogger smlogan said...

g:

what is "it"?
by "we" i meant evangelicals.
that's not too broad of a term for you, is it bro?

12:25 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

I'm just glad you still call me brother. ;)

6:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home