Monday, May 29, 2006

Mother, Mother Ocean!



Though I surely do not embrace the Buffet lifestyle I must admit that today I felt a bit 'buffetesque', if you will. Perhaps you are unfamiliar with what I am referring too, if so do not feel embarassed, knowledge of buffet is not neccessarily a point of boasting for myself either (not to place blame upon anyone for my Buffet knowledge or anything, but it is completely and utterly my dear friend Doug Anderson's fault). But anyway, I must say looking into the beautiful Atlantic for the last three days, as My wife and I enjoy this long American celebratory weekend I couldn't help but to hum the Buffet song Mother Mother Ocean: (hmm...hmmm...hmm... that's me humming):

Mother, mother ocean, I have heard you call,
Wanted to sail upon your waters
since I was three feet tall.
You've seen it all, you've seen it all.
Watch the men who rode you,
Switch from sails to steam.
And in your belly you hold the treasure
that few have ever seen, most of them dreams,
Most of them dreams.

Ok, Ok, I know that I am cheesy standing out there, in my less than picturesque-self (none-speedo wearing atleast) looking into God's glorious creation and humming a Buffet cartoon style song. But hey, I really enjoyed moment of humor and child-like reflection on the great sea. I guess this points, once again, to the fact that I certainly can't take myself too seriously.

And oh yea, you shouldn't take yourself so seriously either.

Enjoy the comedic gesture even if its not quite that:)

6 Comments:

Blogger James Gordon said...

Adam,
I cannot wait until the day when I (God willing) live near the ocean. I guess the Great Lakes just do not cut it (cheap imitation). There is something wonderful about the calm yet powerful ocean and the smell of the salty air. God is great!

8:39 AM  
Blogger adam said...

Ed:
Good call on the early morning surf. The dolphins are brilliant that time of day also.

James:
Great lakes, other than being "great" (in size that is) are lame, they're way too cold to enjoy...brrr...:)

2:23 PM  
Blogger adam said...

Welcome! Great to see you entering the awkward, fun, some times troubling, dangerously unclear at times, but overall great times blog-o-sphere! :)

I look forward to reading you more. Teach those kinds up there at GCS a thing or two before they graduate and embarrass us! :)

4:21 AM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

Just another tequila sunrise . . .

5:04 AM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

Speaking of Doug teaching kids, I am just glad he doesn't teach them math. Because, in the words of Jimmy Buffett, "Math Sucks!"

Adam, after the recent Christian liberty discussion, I am also wondering if we all shouldn't just take a trip down to "margaritaville."

Boy, Buffett certainly covers the whole spectrum when it comes to songs. But, I guess when you have about 100 different albums that is bound to happen.

1:15 PM  
Blogger adam said...

Good call on all accounts James.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home