Saturday, June 10, 2006

Update On Detroit Playaz'

Sorry for all of you who might read this blog periodically and are not from Detroit so, quite frankly could not possibly care any less about Detroit sports, but I have to give a shout out to my detroit playaz'. I mean, the Pistons went down in a sort of "crash and burn" fashion (as Chris Bruno mentioned (CRBlog) and then the Wings were really no different, doing pretty much the same thing. However, the Tigers, who are really Detroits last option for sports glamour (the Lions actually might take that one. I don't really know, they both have really stunk for years) is now the ONLY Detroit story going on! Featured here is Marcus Thames, who currently is the Left fielder for the Tigers (I think, I have to listen to the games on the internet, its one down side to living in VB) and he is playing RED HOT. He is hitting 11 hiome runs in his last 127 at bats including 9 in his last 23! The guy is a playa'! Although the Tigs only got 2 hits against the BlueJays this afternoon the 2 they got counted. Both hits were home runs, and my man Thames smacked one of them! Currently the Tigs have more wins than anyone else in the 'bigs'. So, I say, play on playa'!

8 Comments:

Blogger T. Baylor said...

Prediction: World Series: Mets vs. Tigers, Mets take the series in 6 games.

6:29 PM  
Blogger G. A. Dietrich said...

Baylor, your a knucklehead...there is no way that the Mets would beat Detroit. Detroit however, as much as I love them, need to prove themselves a bit more. They are 1-5 against the White Soxs this year. Though in this last series they played well, the bullpen fell apart in the end. So I want the Tig's to go, but I don't count any chicken's before hatching.

Oh, and as a sidenote, I will be a Virginia Beach resident once again start this next Friday...then I will be listening to the games with AT.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Tim Barker said...

DTrain,
it will good to have you back. As a VA resident does that mean you'll be making those lovely contributions in personal property tax soon? :)

8:47 PM  
Blogger adam said...

Ed, I should have known you wouldn't let it ride without a little Yankee representin'.

12:57 PM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

No way Ed and Greg,

This is the Mets year! They are the only NL club still over 600, and it is the 20th anniversary of their last World Series win. Their pitching is looking strong, and they have had some pretty clutch players this year. The only thing troubling the Mets is the same thing that troubles the Tigers, they are young.

2:02 PM  
Blogger G. A. Dietrich said...

Baylor: I can agree with you like 98%. As a life long Tiger fan I never hold my breath too long, although, they have been HOT! It's weird, there is not a single moment in my young life that I can look at and say the Tiger's did well...that I can recall. Of course there was 1984 against the Padres in the series, but I was 4. Not too much of a die hard fan then.

Barker: Well, property tax, not sure how that works when you rent. I am sure it gets paid somehow. I will be living at Acorn Grove starting in mid July...until then, living in an empty house.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Jake B. said...

AT,
Now you are representing. Finally you admit that you are from Flint Town! You know the Tigs are playin now. But to be honest. I wilbe happy if they make the playoffs. I think world series pediction are a little out there still. Lets take this thing one step at a time.

11:48 AM  
Blogger Jake B. said...

AT,
Hey your boy Todd Jones Blew the game last night in the top of the 12th!! Bonnerman pitched a 1 run game and Zumuya (spelling??) gave us 2 GREAT innings with like 3-4 strikeouts and Jones Choked! I told you that because you have 3 TV channels and you probably didnt catch ESPN!
Jake b
(Still AT FOLLOWERS @ heart)

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home