Sunday, June 25, 2006

What a Friend indeed

I just thought that I would pass on a simple, yet magnificantly profound, truth that was a great source of enrichment to me spiritually today. Today during the worship service a woman sang "What a friend we have in Jesus". She sang the song with such convincing sincerity that I could hardly resist my tears.
I quickly found myself reflecting upon the reality that when I am "weak and heavy laden, cumbered with a load of care" I have a gloriously real "precious Savior, [who is] still our refuge [and I can] take it to the Lord in prayer". I then wanted to scream to myself, "Adam!" "Why?" "Why do I not take it to the Lord in prayer?" For "In His arms he'll take and shield me-Take it to the Lord in prayer".
Again, I had to rebuke myself with the truth of, "O what peace I often forfeit, O what needless pain I bear, All because I do not carry EVERYTHING to God in prayer". I mean, "who will all my sorrows share? Jesus knows my every weakness-Take it to the Lord in prayer".

As this women sang to encourage the faint-hearted I found myself oddly refreshed while being altogether rebuked. So, it is I find with the merciful hand of God, He remembers our frame and that we are but dust (Ps. 103.10-14). Jesus my merciful Savior is also my truest friend. Praise be to God.

5 Comments:

Blogger G. A. Dietrich said...

Adam:

I can echo those thoughts exactly! It was definitly a time of reflection in my own life and as you said, certainly a rebuke. Thanks brother.

GAD

12:41 PM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

Adam,

I think it is sweet that in Christ we can experience "refreshing rubuke." It is rebuke because we know we are wrong, but it is refreshing in that we know we have a Savior who died on our behalf so we can get it right next time. Someone told me that 100% of the prayers we don't pray are never answered. Thanks for the encouragement.

James

2:31 PM  
Blogger Jake B. said...

Hey At,
Thanks for the encouraging thought. I know it is great to work out some of the deep theological topics that are sometimes very controversial but sometime the simpliest truth can be just as rewarding.

8:00 AM  
Blogger Kelly Glupker said...

I needed that reminder Adam, thanks. I have been very worried/concerned about our house not selling and our employment situtation. I appreciate the encouragement to "take it to the Lord in prayer" and not forfeit the peace.

3:08 PM  
Blogger Jake B. said...

Hey will you update this thing already!

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home