Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Sadly, No more 'Rockin' On



I know that some of you might think of me as a bit of a hypocrite with this post. I will concede to the fact that, yes, it is true I have a smidgin' of a willful blindspot theologically when it comes to my pragmatic love for Petra Praise. Arminian, yes most surely. Authentic CCM'rs, quite likely. Encouraging while listening...Absolutely! I mean, if you have not heard "Lovely Lord" (track 10) by Petra you are in need of repentance! Not to say anything of track 9 entitled, "I waited for the Lord"! Petra can rock like no one else when it comes to 80's style Christian Rock. Yes, you read it right, I said it, Christian Rock!

In a bit of a confession here I must say that I have need every once in a while to just 'let my hair down', if you will, and rock it out by means of blaring my boys album Petra Praise 2. Love it!

Anyway, I must unfortunately announce to any who have not heard that Petra will no longer be rockin' after 33 hard fought years in the "CCM" movement. God has been good to Petra and touched many lives through their music. So, if you ever feel the need to rock it out, find Petra Praises 2 the album and, as Lynnard Skynard would say, "turn it up!"

Thanks for 33 years of rockin' it out for the sake of the Kingdom Petra. We'll be seein' ya.

6 Comments:

Blogger G. A. Dietrich said...

AT:

I can say I was priveledged to be at one of their last concerts. It was in Muskegon, MI this last summer. I'll tell you what, they are so much louder in person than their CD is. They truely are rocker's! I can also add to your comments and say I have appreciated some of the music through the years. Thank you Petra for crazy music!

D

6:57 PM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

Petra? Thomas, I can't even look at you . . . its like you kissed Jacobus Arminius on the lips!

8:04 PM  
Blogger jeileenbaylor said...

I used to love petra as a teenager... but I WAS most certainly an Arminian Charasmatic at that point in my life :o)

Oh well.. it is worshipful... I will agree with that!

4:43 AM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

Adam,

You gotta love Petra! Even if we don't agree with their lyrics, we have to give them props for paving the way for great music. I can picture you on your motorcycle, hair down, jamming to Petra. Good work!

James

12:57 PM  
Blogger Jake B. said...

Adam
Petra? Do you know what your father would say if he caught you listening to that? Unless Petra is the name of one of the Kingsmen! You know they did something right to keep producing for 33 years. Rock on!

10:49 AM  
Blogger adam said...

So true!! So true!! perfectly stated.

6:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home