Tuesday, April 25, 2006

" God is the Gospel" T4G


Yes, you have read my title right, I did steal it from John Piper. I am preparing to leave this morning after my counseling exam for Louisville, KY in order to be at the "Together for the Gospel" conference, where I will be able to hear some of my "friends I've never met" (Scroll down to see series part one- Van Til), of perhaps most importantly is John Piper. I am greatly anticipating this trip, my friend Dan Valentine and I bought tickets last April, so as you can imagine we are ready to go.

I am perhaps most excited about the conference because of the statement being publically made. That is, I find great encouragement in the fact that the "reformed" gospel (not to say that there is any other) is being promoted between brothers of faith over and against more minor elements of faith and practice (i.e. denominational boundaries, eschatology etc.). Now, I know that for some of you I am going to have to "give an account" for some of the undefined statements that I have just made, but that will have to wait. I am leaving. I will look forward to interacting with everyone's thoughts about the conference when I get back. In the words of Bill O'reilly, "Until next time America".

4 Comments:

Blogger T. Baylor said...

If by "America" you meant me, Logan and Mihelis, then we can wait!

8:25 AM  
Blogger jeileenbaylor said...

nice

8:29 AM  
Blogger robertlhall said...

saw you guys leaving on tuesday and was envying (in a non-sinful way) you. Hope you have a great time. Post some pics of you with the big dogs (all of our friends we have never met).

7:50 AM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

Adam,
Looking forward to hearing about your experience! I went to the TG4 website and watched the preview video clip. It looked very interesting.
Thanks for the encouragement in advnace,
James

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home