Thursday, April 20, 2006

"The Pure Joy of Rediculous Arrogance"

The office was halarious tonight. The best comment of perhaps the entire season took place tonight. I hope that you did not miss it. After Michael beat up Dwight he restored him to fellowship by quasi-promoting him from "Assistant TO the Manager" to (a pretend) "Assistant Manager" position. Dwight responded to the promotion as a child who receives his first bike. It was awesome!
Michael went on to talk about the event as though he was (of course) the greatest person that ever lived because he did that for Dwight after beating him up at lunch. At the close of the show Micheal looked into the camera and rhetorically said, "Do I want people to fear me or love me? That's easy, both." Then, with great dramatic skill as to conclude the matter he said, "I want people to fear how much they love me."
I'm sorry, but folks, that is pure genius! Michael rules! Of course, in his own rediculous way that is.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nate Mihelis said...

I concur! Though this was my second time watching this episode, I still recorded it.

7:46 PM  
Blogger Garrett said...

Yeah, this was actually a rerun of very first episode I saw. Armstrong and I were sold after that love and fear comment!

9:52 PM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

Adam,
I watched my first episode of The Office last night. Then, I watched my second and third last night. I am hooked. A friend of mine gave me the whole first season. I am not ready to watch the new ones until I watch all the previous episodes. You gotta love it!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home