Thursday, January 31, 2008

I'm a "Grease Monkey" for the Kingdom

I am now in Michigan living a man's life. That is, I only go to work now, no more work and school. I kind of love it, and kind of hate it. I am working on machinery in a, well..."machine shop". I spent this morning "greasing the bearings". What?? I don't know. All I do know is that "greasing the bearings" makes me a "Grease Monkey" for a day. So, me and my good friend David Puddy can both say, "Don't say that, you know I don't like that term".

Anyway, I hope to use this blog in the up coming days. I am reading both Prayer and the Knowledge of God (Greame Goldsworthy-of whom I will never tire), and Everyday Theology (Kevin Vanhoozer-and TEDS student papers/thesis). I am enjoying both for completely different reasons, but both none-the-less. I am looking forward to discussing my findings, questions and opines with you in the near future.

Finally, I will say that if any of you are not using a Christ-centered hermeneutic in both Scripture and Culture (i.e. all of life) then shame on you. Seriously, all of life is tied to the gospel and how its goals are achieved. Being a "Grease Monkey" for a few months even counts.

5 Comments:

Blogger smlogan said...

what happened to "send money"?
have you so soon lost faith?
or did you just finally acknowledge that you have no kingdom authority to make claims on God's people and their finances.

the last claim i heard was that you were sending me monthly $$, but i haven't seen a dime of it
(repent and do the 1st works).

well, i suppose it is time to settle in and make some $ the old fashioned way. i've been looking for a job for several weeks now, and am still holding out hope for a position in ministry again...
i miss it.

well, give your best to the wife and kid...
loved those shots of owen in his teds tee; our buddy in admissions simply loved it thomas - so maybe we can broker some sort of deal or scholarship for owen after all.

7:08 AM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

Logan, when have you ever ministered to anyone that you might miss it? I am assuming by this that you mean you miss judging people and getting paid for [as opposed to what you currently do -- judgment pro bono].

Thomas, you are reading the book, but you could have had the class! At any rate, I will give you credit for working hard at reading Vanhoozer. In the words of Putty, "High five."

9:25 AM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

You know, as soon as I saw Adam mention Everyday Theology and Vanhoozer, I knew Baylor would come rushing to the forum saying something about his class. Thanks for not leaving me unfulfilled, Baylor.

2:02 PM  
Blogger T. Baylor said...

Wouldn't dream of it James.

9:51 PM  
Blogger smlogan said...

thomas baited the hook, and
baylor took it hard and ran w/it.

you love it, gordon.

11:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home