Thursday, August 24, 2006

"Of Making Many Books There is No End"


This post is in connection to Mihilis and Baylor who are my friends...at times.


1. One book that changed your life: I know that this will be certainly weird, but Shepherding a Childs Heart by Tedd Tripp. If Websites were up for grabs I would say DGM.Org ever since I stumbled upon it when I was a 2nd semester Freshman at NBBC.

2. One book that you've read more than once: Biblical Separation, by Ernest Pickering (I know I'm sorry, really, I'm sorry).

3. One book you'd want on a desert island: Bible (ESV/NIV depends what mood I was in the day that I wound up on a desert Island). If Bible does not count I would want Desiring God.

4. One book that made you laugh: Mark Twain's, A Murder, A Mystery and A Marriage. Had I actually read it, I would probably have put Dave Hunts, "What Love is This"

5. One book that made you cry: Absolutely Free! By Zane Hodges. Another would be "The Spiritual Life of Theological students by B.B. Warfield.

6. One book you wish had been written: Tuesdays with Adam Thomas. You know, a book about my worldly wisdom kind of Solomon like. Someone needs to chronicle my journey and milk my thoughts.

7. One book you wish had never been written: Biblical Separation (and all look alikes)

8. One book you're currently reading: Give Praise to God (Ryken, Thomas (not adam) and Duncan).

9. One book you've been meaning to read: Lectures on Calvinism By, Abraham Kuyper

10. Tag 5 others: I only have 5 friends and they tagged me.

11. Name one book you've read that really sucked: Again, Biblical Separation ( and all look alikes).

Good day to all.

3 Comments:

Blogger Garrett said...

Yeah, #6 made this one post that really made me laugh.

8:17 PM  
Blogger James Gordon said...

Adam,
Speaking of books, do you know of anything that would be a good intro to textual criticism. I am interested in reading something basic; however, I do not want something too basic that leaves out important points. Yet, I do not want something over my head. Any advice from you or other readers?

Thanks,
James

1:26 PM  
Blogger Tim Barker said...

gordon

I think that Intro. to NT Textual Criticism by J. Harold Greenlee is kind of the standard intro. I think everyone has to interact with it to some degree. Then Interpreting the Pauline Epistles by Schreiner touches on the practice of TC also.

If you can find a deal online or a used bk shop Metzger's Textual Commentary on the Greek NT for the UBS 3rd edition is pretty cool once you have a background knowledge, b/c you see him applying TC in passages.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home