Thursday, March 22, 2007

Have You Heard...God still speaks

I am referring to John Pipers grievence with this months CT article, "My conversation with God". You must take the time to read this article ALL THE WAY THROUGH. It is a huge rebuke to me. Piper, though I have never met the man personally, is the most influential person theologically in my life. As most all of you know, God has used and continues to use Piper in magnificant ways. He can articulate what all of us believe and make it so clear that no one can hardly voice any disagreement. I think that you will see what I am talking about in this article. MUST READ.

(Thanks Garrett for the hit on this article)


http://www.desiringgod.org/ResourceLibrary/TasteAndSee/ByDate/2007/2021_The_Morning_I_Heard_the_Voice_of_God/

3 Comments:

Blogger jeileenbaylor said...

You were right, you definitely had to read it all the way to the end. I was skeptical at first, but he brought it back around to our need for scripture, which is always so refreshing! Thanks for sharing.

4:36 PM  
Blogger Tim Barker said...

Thomas,

I read the CT article a few days ago, and I can certainly appreciate Piper sentiments. I do think the Scriptures were noticeable absent from the article. Piper is fair in his critique that the professor probably doesn't mean all that the article seems to suggest.

I think Piper is solid with his acknowledgment that it very well may have happened. I do not wish to denigrate this professor's more intimate divine application in a very specific situation. What can you say, Piper is more precise in his theological context for this experience of this professor.

8:36 AM  
Blogger Garrett said...

Right on, Thomas. Not only was it a strong affirmation of God's revelation in Scripture, it was so skillfully crafted. I was edified and also challenged to hone my own writing and speaking skills. “A word aptly spoken is like apples of gold in settings of silver.” (Proverbs 25:11 NIV)

10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home