Thursday, March 01, 2007

Update: Cummings, David, Mike, Lerro

I have been very slack in updating my blogger-role. When I started this blog I was merely trying to "tag" a minimum number of people since I did not intend to keep this blog anyway. However, much time has passed and many blogs have been started and or continued. So, I say all that to say this, I have updated my blog "shoutouts".

I have added Mike Osborne's blog. Mike is a good friend that really had a hand in my earliest discipleship. I shared a room with him in college for 2 years and it was very formative in my early growth. I really look back on those days with appreciation.

I have also added the Lerro family site. Dan has become a good friend since I have come to know him better ministering alongside him at CBCOceana (our church). He has much to offer.

I have added David Griffiths' blog also. This was a long time coming in that David has had his blog up and running for a long time. He is very good on cultural engagement. He is a good writer and very thoughtful. I have known David as a classmate, oddly enough as a teacher of mine and also as a friend. I will never forget when I took Ephesians in Bible College from David. Our final projects reflected Davids view of exegesis (the more I think about it especially) and life. It was great. I look back on those days in that class upstairs in the ERC building at NBBC right before lunch and I can do nothing but smile. Hey David, I still don't think that I liked your "Mr. Rogers-esqe" cardigan, but hey you da man.

Finally, I have added the Cummings family site also. Jonny was one of my best buddies at NBBC, especially speaking in terms of my last year there. Jonny was ALWAYS challenging me to stop thinking like a "literal dispensational" dare I say 'psycho'. I was not always ready for Jon's thoughts, but yet I always welcomed them. We would hang out in my room after school eating Cheez-it's, drinking some soda (no Guinness) and talking about where we were going to go to Seminary. I won't even say who chose the, oh let's say, perhaps the "better" choice.
He also gets the credit for introducing me to the great John Owen. He printed out about a $50 copy of "The Death of Death in the Death of Christ" for me when he worked up stairs at NBBC as a 3ohr. worker. Thanks to Jonny's efforts of printing out an illilegal amount of paper upstairs under the guise of 30 hr. working I spent that whole semester reading Owen. Thanks Jonny.
I must say, it is a family blog so Christine does most of the posting, if not all, but hey you can enjoy the pictures. Their kids are cute.

On a sad update notice: I may have to take off the CRBlog. I think that Chris Bruno, another college roommate of mine seems to be no longer out there in blogosphere. Are you out there Chris???? I am guessing he does not have time to blog seeing as how he working at getting into a Wheaton PhD. That is much sweeter than blogging I must say.

5 Comments:

Blogger David said...

AT! Thanks for the shout out. Didn't you guys do an emergent-video production, whispy CCM running behind video of nature with you guys just raising your arms? I'm sure I gave you an A! We'd all love to hear from CRBlog, but they're in a dither right now. Who knows.

7:34 AM  
Blogger adam said...

Yes!! On all acounts. You hooked us up even when emergent didn't have its name! It's funny how you are simply who God made you and that is who you will always be. Perhaps, more intelligent and christlike as the spirit permits and increases to your account, but none-the-less you will always be who the Lord has determined.

In a sense, Emergent even when emergent wasn't cool.

Thanks for the A.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Chris Bruno said...

I am still out here, my blog might be back someday. But not today.
Was your group the one that did the video in the graveyard with the Nickelback song?
crb

2:42 AM  
Blogger adam said...

Hey Nickleback is a great band for cultural exegesis. Our video was "Crawling in my skin, these wounds they will not heal" - depravity, exaclty.

Also how about "Rockstar" there most recent song. That is very expressive of our reality TV, instant fame obsessive culture.


You loved the Video didn't you. :)

10:44 AM  
Blogger Chris Bruno said...

How about sticking that video up on YouTube. It could be the next big thing.
crb

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home