Saturday, February 03, 2007

He Removes Kings and Sets up Kings

When I first established this blog I was planning on discussing a descent amount of politics. I have always enjoyed political science and such. I was a strong listener to Bill O'reilly and I read a fair amount of the not-so-sane Anne Coulter. However, politics are like hotdogs for me. I always think that I want them, I even enjoy them, but then I get very sick of them. Anyway, in light of this present political preemptive war (the dems talking about who will be the next front runner) I have been comforted by the Book of Daniel.

In the midst of such arrogant posturing and self-centered ambition (by both the "right" and the "left") we can find great peace in Daniel. Consider the messages of Daniel to the same type of people.

Nebuchadnezzar: "Blessed be the name of God forever and ever, to whom belong wisdom and might. He changes times and seasons; he removes kings and sets up kings" (2:20-21)
Even the foolish confess, "How great are his signs, how mighty his wonders! His kingdom is an everlasting kingdom, and his dominion endures from generation to generation" (4:3-4).
And once again he admits (as all will do), "for his dominion is an everlasting dominion, and his kingdom edures from generation to generation; all the inhabitants of the earth are accounted as nothing, and he does according to his will among the host of heaven and among the inhabitants of the earth; and none can stay his hand or say to him, "what have you done?" (4:34-35)

Darius was no different, he too confessed, "for he is the living God, enduring forever; his kingdom shall never be destroyed, and his dominion shall be to the end" (6:26).

I say all that to say this, chill on political anxiety. God is ruler of all nations and his kingdom is our greatest concern (Matthew 6:33).

1 Comments:

Blogger adam said...

I am nearly, not completely as you well know, speechless from your comment. Thank you for that encouraging word.

I love it. See you in Pittsburgh.

2:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home